On tap for the Memorial Day weekend:
1) Commitment: Early Sunday bike ride to Vietnam Veterans' Memorial to pay silent tribute to all veterans, past and present.
2) Music: Roy Harris' Third Symphony.
- French or French-style rosé (bone dry)
- Unibroue Quelque Chose over shaved ice (!) with a dash of bitters
- Anchor Bock
- and, of course, Clipper City's Red Sky at Night Saison.
I picked up this simple recipe for a tasty grilled vegetable marinade at my local Whole Foods yesterday:
2 c. olive oilIf you're using an outdoor grill or hibachi, place the veggies on aluminum foil which you've perforated with many small holes. Using kabob skewers works as well; just watch out for charring.
1/2 c. lemon juice
1 tsp. sea salt
3 tbsp. dry minced garlic (I'll use fresh)
1 tsp. cracked black pepper
1/4 c. dried parsley (again, fresh for me)
1/4 c. Clipper City Gold Ale (my addition!)
Combine all ingredients and pour over vegetables. Marinate at least one hour or overnight, turning periodically.