- 1 1/2 cups flour (unbleached, if you're a good person)
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Dortmunder-style Lager (Victory Lager, McHenry Lager, Dominion Lager)
- For a good procedure (doesn't include the beer), go to this blog and video.
- Stuff 'em with a good and garlicky tapenade. (My go-to is a recipe for Garlic-Olive-Caper Spread on p. 539 of Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant.)
- Thank you to Isa Chandra Moskowitz for the inspiration for this egg-less recipe.
- Thank you to Jack Erickson, who in the late 1980s was talking and writing about beer as a cooking ingredient. Beer pancake syrup: mmm.