From Brookston Beer Bulletin came this notice of Forbes' list of the top ten beer bars in the US.
Blogger Jay questions the inclusion of The Brickstore Pub in Decatur Georgia and the exclusion of Monk's Cafe. But having been to both, I would acclaim The Brick Store as eminently worthy and Monk's exclusion as an erroneous lacuna.
Maybe the list needs several honorable mentions as well. Such as Max's TapHouse in Baltimore ... or [place your nominee here].
Here is the list, in no particular order of worthiness, except that I've imbibed at the first five.
- Brickskeller (Washington, DC)
- Brick Store Pub (Decatur, GA)
- Toronado (San Francisco, CA)
- Hopleaf Bar (Chicago, IL)
- Falling Rock Tap House (Denver, CO)
- Spuyten Duyvil (Brooklyn, NY)
- Blind Tiger Ale House (New York, NY)
- Publick House and Monk’s Cell (Brookline, near Boston, MA)
- Brouwer’s Cafe (Seattle, WA)
- Great Lost Bear (Portland, ME)