Here —courtesy Michael Birchenall, editor and publisher of Foodservice Monthly— is the list of winners in the 2009 RAMMYs, the annual awards of the Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington, only announced last evening.
- Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year: Restaurant Eve
- Chef of the Year: Robert Wiedmaier of Marcel's, Brasserie Beck and Brabo
- New Restaurant of the Year: Cork
- Wine & Beverage Program: CityZen
- Upscale Casual Restaurant of the Year: Rasika
- Neighborhood Gathering Place: The Liberty Tavern
- Hottest Restaurant Bar Scene: CoCo. Sala
- Pastry Chef of the Year: Kate Jansen – Willow
- Rising Culinary Star: Tony Chittum – Vermilion
- Restaurant Manager of the Year: Ryland Johnson – Zola
- Restaurant Employee of the Year: Juan Francisco Lopez – Marcel’s/Brasserie Beck
- Joan Hisaoka Associate Member: Belair Produce Inc./Watermark Foods
- Power Spot of the Year: Central Michel Richard
- Your Favorite Restaurant of the Year: Teatro Goldoni
- 2009 RAMMY 'Where Magazine' Visitors' Choice Award: The Prime Rib
- RAMW 2009 Duke Zeibert Capital Achievement Award: Dimitri Mallios
- 2009 RAMMY Honorary Award: Billy Martin’s Tavern
YFGF usually covers only things beer, and in a general manner. Then again, I am based in the greater Washington, D.C. area, and I do occasionally eat out.
But ... why no award for best beer & spirits program?