Pop Photo Magazine ran an article in its April 2009 issue on how commercial photographer Robert Bowen uses Photoshop to create beer-in-glass images. (The link is broken. Read more.)
The piece is informative for anyone who's good with a camera. My Flickr photos could certainly use the help. And the images themselves are eye-candy, er, beer-candy.
- UPDATE: Founded in 1937, Popular Photography Magazine (aka Pop Photo) folded in March 2017, owing to declining advertising revenues from the consumer-camera industry. The March/April 2017 issue was its last. (Wikipedia, accessed 22 April 2017). The link to the article no longer exists. Doing a quick search, I found these four alternatives:
- How to: Using Backlight to Photograph Glassware
- Tips From a Pro: Shoot Better Food Photography
- How To Light And Photograph A Beer Bottle Advertisement (fstoppers, 20 October 2014)
- How to Photograph a Glass of Beer (Photigy, September 2014)
- For more from YFGF: