A true fan of Bigfoot —Sierra Nevada Brewing's barleywine-style ale— shows his 'big' devotion. His tattoo has since been inked in full color.
A barleywine is not a wine but an ale of close to wine's alcoholic strength. From Sierra Nevada's website:
This year marks the 25th release of Bigfoot®. Our award-winning barleywine boasts a dense, fruity bouquet, an intense flavor palate and a deep reddish-brown color. Its big maltiness is superbly balanced by a wonderfully bittersweet hoppiness.
- alcohol content 9.6% by volume
- beginning gravity 23.0 Plato
- ending gravity 6.0 Plato
- bitterness units 90
- bittering hops Chinook
- finishing hops Cascade & Centennial
- dry hopping Cascade, Centennial & Chinook
- malts Two-row Pale & English Caramel
Pic(k) of the Week: entire series here.