Falls Church, Virginia, will soon be home to a brand spanking new brewpub & restaurant. The Mad Fox Brewing Company is scheduled to open in July 2010. It will be the only brewpub in Falls Church proper * and indeed the only brewery ever in the city.
Pictured, left to right:
- Executive Chef Russell Cunningham (past of Agraria and Dupont Grill, among others, in Washington, D.C.)
- General Manager Bruce Higgs
- investor Randy Barnette
- Brewmaster Bill Madden
- 10 April 2010: Proud Papa
- 30 October 2009: Mad Fox constuction details
- 5 September 2009: Mad Fox gets 1st employee; 1st beer will have to wait
- 21 August 2009: It takes a good amount of cash to make a good beer
- 23 June 2009: So you want to to open a brewpub?
- 26 February 2009: A Mad Fox in Falls Church, Virginia
- 29 April 2008: Madfox Brewing Company, on tap for 2009
- 9 November 2006: Vintage 50 Brewpub opens in Leesburg
- More photos: here.
- * Sweetwater Tavern of Merrifield, Virginia, has a Falls Church address but actually lies outside of the city in Fairfax County.
- A brewpub is a restaurant that includes a brewery on its premises. Since a brewpub combines the functions of manufacturer, distributor, and retailer —three functions that most US states keep separate by laws collectively known as the 'three-tier system'— brewpubs exist as special legal exemptions.
- Pic(k) of the Week: one in a weekly series of personal photos, usually posted on Saturdays, and often of a 'good fermentable' as subject.