The heraldic 3 Lions is:
1) The Royal Coat of Arms of England.
2) The standard of the England national football team.
3) The name of a brown ale brewed by Oliver Ales at the Pratt Street Alehouse of Baltimore, Maryland: 7.5% abv, brewed with British pale, crystal and roasted malts, and British Bramling, First Gold, and Challenger hops.
Above, at the Pratt Street Alehouse, a representative for Cortez Cigars, exhibits her Oliver Ales 3 Lions Brown Ale temporary tattoo.
8 October 2011.
- Pic(k) of the Week: one in a weekly series of personal photos, often posted on Saturdays, and often, but not always, with a good fermentable as a subject.
- Photo courtesy Derek Davis —the assistant brewer for Oliver Ales at Pratt Street— who applied the tattoo with a steady hand.
- See more 'beer' tattoos: here.