For Easter lunch: Roasted vegetables, over quinoa and wilted spinach, with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Sometimes, a simple meal can be the most satisfying.
A few quick links for VeggieDag Thursday:
- Select & prepare mangoes via Washingtonian. And, a YouTube video.
- How to make a veggie burger that doesn't fall apart. Via Joe Yonan of the Washington Post.
- A George Mason University professor conducted a study (!) on how to find the best restaurants, as defined by food and value. Avoid 'happy' and 'hip' restaurants, and those downtown.
- A recipe for vegan tzatziki sauce. Via Vegan Dad.
- A vegetable butcher(!) discusses spring greens: how to clean, prep, cook, and store. Via Eating Well.
- Shiitake mushrooms have magical powers —and not the kind you're thinking of. With recipes, via Washingtonian.
- How to pair red wine and vegetarian entrees and tannic red wines. Look for vegetables with umami, low acidity, and fat. Via Madeline Puckette of Wine Folly.
- Why do restaurants insist on including Parmesan cheese (made with animal rennet) in vegetarian recipes? Via The Guardian.
- The difference between a vegan diet and a plant-based diet. Via Happy Herbivore.