VeggieDag is an occasional Thursday post on an animal-free diet and its issues.
- How to cook (and eat) an artichoke. Via YFGF, courtesy Summer Tomato.
- NPR's Fresh Air interviews Sandor Katz, author of The Art of Fermentation. "The flavorful space between fresh and rotten."
- With just weeks until California enacts a foie gras ban (1 July 2012), some restaurants and diners begin a "feeding frenzy." Via Huffington Post.
- Backyard foraging: stinging nettle pesto. Via NPR.
- Cooking fresh peas via YFGF. And four more ways, Via 100 CookBooks
- Who says vegans can't enjoy BBQ?! Recipe for seitan in Pineapple Jack BBQ Sauce. Via One Green Planet.
- Healthy salads for hedonists. Spike Gjerde of Woodberry Kitchen in Baltimore says “Eating salad shouldn’t feel like a punishment." Salads should be crunchy, crispy, chewy, & tender. Via Food and Wine Magazine.
- 'Creamy' Vegan Chocolate 'Sorbet.' Recipe via Food 52
- Mom's Cold Beet Soup recipe. Via YFGF.
- Grilling vegetables (marinated in beer): so simple, so tasty. Via YFGF.
- How to make a Spring Vegetable Wrap with Sesame Sauce. Via DCist.
- Recipe for Spicy Braised Eggplant with... Prunes. Via Washington Post Food.
- The Guardian on how to make perfect potato salad. Of course, I would use vegan mayo.
- "Grilled, strawberries (!) become pockets of warm jam, bursting in your mouth." Via Forks in the Road.