VeggieDag is an occasional Thursday post on an animal-free diet and its issues.
Sunday, it's Super Bowl XLVII. That's forty-seven, 47, for you non-Catholic-schooled mathematicians. In New Orleans, Louisiana, the Baltimore (Maryland) Ravens will play the San Francisco (California) 49ers, for the championship of the National Football League.
The Baltimore Ravens, of course.
Drinking, while watching:
Baltimore beer, of course.
Noshing, while drinking:
So many options, but here are a few, keeping them non-animal.
- Black Bean Dip (pictured above as a sandwich).
- Hop Hummus. (Serious Eats has the recipes for 15 hummus variations, most of which include no animal flesh.)
- Green Bean & Dill Pickle Spread (a favorite of mine).
- Daiya non-cheese dip
Mac un-Cheese Sauce (without the pasta)
- Serve with Kepta Duona: Lithuanian fried garlicky rye bread strips!
- For something more substantial, make Beer Veggie Chili, the day before.