14 July 2013: many (tall?) tales were swapped, in the tasting room at Union Craft Brewery.
Located in the Woodberry neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland, Union Craft is the first production-only brewery to operate within the confines of the City of Baltimore since 1978, when the National Brewery closed in Highlandtown.
- Since Union Craft began production, a second production brewery has opened in Baltimore. Peabody Heights Brewery, located in the Waverly neighborhood, opened in late January 2013.
- Brewpub The Brewer's Art —located in the mid-town Mount Vernon neighborhood Baltimore— offers a few of its beers in 750-ml bottles and in 12-ounce cans, but these are contract-produced for it by an outside brewery. (It does brew all of its own Belgian-inspired draft beers at the pub.)
- The brewpub Degroens had been bottling its beers on-premise in Little Italy for a few years by the time of its demise in 2005.
- Heavy Seas Brewing has been known as a Baltimore brewery since its inception in 1995 (when it was called Clipper City Brewing). It has a Baltimore mailing address, but is actually located just south of the city's boundaries, in Halethorpe, Maryland.
- More pictures from the brewery visit: here.
- A year earlier, YFGF interviewed Blodger and Zerivitz: here.
- Pic(k) of the Week: one in a weekly series of personal photos, often posted on Saturdays, and often, but not always, with a good fermentable as a subject. Camera: Olympus Pen E-PL1.
- Commercial reproduction requires explicit permission, as per Creative Commons.