For a couple (three?) reasons, it seemed timely to re-post this 18 October 2014 photo, several months after the fact, today.
It's a trio of brewers seen during the Chesapeake Real Ale Festival, in downtown Baltimore, Maryland, at the Pratt Street Alehouse.
Left to right:
- Mike McGarvey —co-owner/founder, 3 Stars Brewing (Washington, D.C.);
- Dave Coleman —co-owner/founder, 3 Stars Brewing;
- Steve Jones —brewmaster, Oliver Brewing.
And, Steve Jones —who was the host brewer for the Chesapeake Real Ale Festival, and has been for eleven years— is soon to open a new, much larger, production facility for Oliver Brewing, off-site from its original home at the Pratt Street Alehouse (née Wharf Rat, 1993).
The conversation at that table was animated and enlightening. And, the boys sure can mug for the camera. As Jones pointed out, he was "still rocking my Derek Smalls facial hair from our previous evening's 'This Is Oliver Brewing Company' night!"
- Caveat lector: As a representative for Select Wines, Inc. —a wine and beer wholesaler in northern Virginia— I sell the beers of Oliver Brewing. Any opinions here are mine alone.
- Pic(k) of the Week: one in a weekly series of personal photos, usually posted on Saturdays, and often, but not always, with a good fermentable as a subject. Camera: Olympus Pen E-PL1.
- Commercial reproduction requires explicit permission, as per Creative Commons.
- For more from YFGF: