In the foreground:
- Ossau-Iraty (sheep's milk: Spain)
Me: Firm paté; grassy and nutty.
- Cherokee Rose (raw cow's milk: Georgia)
Me: slightly tangy.
- Pierre Robert (cow's milk: France)
Me: luscious triple-crème with hint of mushrooms.
- Pernicious IPA
(from Wicked Weed Brewing, in Asheville, North Carolina).
- 7.5% alcohol-by-volume (abv)
- ?? IBUs (International Bittering Units), but assuming many. *
- Me: Excellent clarity and good conditioning; juicy, sharply-etched hops; alliaceous hint.
- * At its website, Wicked Weed lists alcohol content for the beer, but no other specs, such as IBUs (or ingredients). That's the brewery's proprietary right, of course. But the omission is off-putting.
- Pic(k) of the Week: one in a weekly series of personal photos, usually posted on Saturdays, and often, but not always, with a good fermentable as the subject. Camera: Samsung Galaxy 4. PhotoShop Elements: levels adjustment.
- Commercial reproduction requires explicit permission, as per Creative Commons.
- For more from YFGF: