VeggieDag is an occasional Thursday post on an animal-free diet and its issues.
Quick links for June:
- The meaning of local in what we eat. Via Todd Kliman in Washingtonian Magazine.
- Learning to cook Indian food. Via Joe Yonan of Washington Post.
- A study of Seventh-Day Adventists links vegetarian diets and longevity. Via Journal of American Medicine (JAMA).
- Recipe for Seitan Negimaki. Via Post Punk Kitchen
- Study finds sugary soft drinks may increase risk of kidney stones; consumption of coffee, red wine, and especially beer reduced the risk. Via Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology.
- "How to make perfect watercress soup." Via The Guardian.
- DCist selects 8 'best' vegetarian-friendly restaurants in Washington, D.C.
- Pea & Lettuce Soup. Recipe via Kathy Gunst: "Notes From a Maine Kitchen: Seasonally Inspired Recipes"
- A cafeteria in a New York City public school goes all-vegetarian. Via NBC News.
- Twin Oaks: the tofu from Virginia. Via Washington Post Food. Tofu burger recipe, via Twin Oaks.