The pub —located in the Fells Point neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland, at the Inner Harbor— offers beer 140 draft beers, a "world-spanning" collection of approximately 1,200 bottled beers, and, of course, those cask-conditioned ales, pulled from a temperature-controlled room. It's a testament to the skill of Mr. Hard that he maintains his numerous draft and cask lines clean and pristine, and that the beers he pours from them taste in good condition.
9 November 2013.
- Max's Taphouse regularly finishes high on 'best of beer lists', locally and nationally. For 2013, Max's was again selected as one of Baltimore, Maryland's top 5 best beer bars. More from the Baltimore Sun. [Canton-neighborhood beer bar, Mahaffey's, took top spot for 2013.]
- More about Mr. Hard: here (written in 2009).
- What exactly is cask-conditioned real ale? Read more at CaskAleUSA.
- Pic(k) of the Week: one in a weekly series of personal photos, often posted on Saturdays, and often, but not always, with a good fermentable as a subject.
- Commercial reproduction requires explicit permission, as per Creative Commons.