Bars, restaurants, breweries, and other businesses throughout the greater Baltimore area and Maryland are hosting special events to assist with Ellicott City's recovery after the flood on Saturday evening that devastated the Maryland town's Main Street and took the lives of two people.
The flooding was so rapid and dramatic and deadly that the National Weather Service declared it a once-in-one-thousand-year flood. Read of the danger and damage at one business, among many, the city's long-time brewery: "Ellicott Mills Brewing Owner: Flash Flood Was “Longest Hour” of His Life."
How you can help
- Financial donations can be given to the Ellicott City Partnership, at HelpEllicottCity.com, to assist merchants and residents with flood recovery.
- More ways to help: here.
- A GoFundMe page has been set up to raise money for employees of Ellicott Mills Brewing, who will be losing pay and tips while the restaurant/brewery remains closed.
YFGF may no longer reside in the area, but my heart is with the city and its brewery.
- Read more about the flood: here.
- Read more about Ellicott City's history: here.
- If an event is not listed here, please contact me with details and I'll add it to the post.
- For more from YFGF: