With the help of the distributor for which I work - Legends, Ltd. - I conducted a lambic tasting (and judging) yesterday at Grand Cru in Baltimore, MD.
I brought in 12 judges, split into 2 groups of 6. To expand the experience beyond only beer geekiness, I invited participants from the 3 ambits of beer, food, and wine.
- Lew Bryson, Ale Street News: writer, beer
- Dave Butcher, Country Vintner: distributor, wine
- Thomas Cizauskas, Legends, Ltd.: distributor, beer
- Steven Frank, Mid-Atlantic Brewing News: writer, beer
- Henry Gregory, Washington Metro Wine & Food Network: writer, wine, food
- Casey Hard, Max's on Broadway: pub, beer
- Rob Kasper, Baltimore Sun: columnist, beer
- Jerry Pellegrino, Corks Restaurant: chef, food
- Monyka Marbach, Slow Food: food, wine
- John Pollack, Old Vine Spirit Shoppe: beer
- Hugh Sisson, Clipper City Brewing Company: beer,wine
- Paula Welsey, International Gourmet Foods: food
Read Lew Bryson's notes on the proceedings.