The weather-folk are saying that storms on Friday should clean out the air. Saturday will be sunny, less humid, and with temperatures in the low 90s. Sunday should be the same, but with a few more clouds.
That sounds like ideal summer beer festival weather... for the Northern Virginia Summer Brewfest in Leesburg, Virginia.
'A Celebration of American Beer' will be held at Morven Park in Leesburg, VA, from 11am-9pm Saturday, and 11am-7pm Sunday. The BrewFest will feature over 50 of America’s best breweries, a variety of food to complement the craft beers, and great Virginia local and regional bands to entertain you.
Admission tickets for the BrewFest purchased on the day of the event will be $25 for a sampling ticket. Admission tickets are available prior to the opening of the event for $20.
For the first time, the festival will feature casks from several breweries in addition to the very large choice of kegged beer.
Here's the cask ale lineup:
- Allagash (Maine): Cureiuex (Jim Beam-aged Triple); Black (Belgian-style stout)
- Bells (Michigan): Oberon
- Brooklyn (New York): Blast! (double India Pale Ale)
- Clipper City (Maryland): Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale (double India Pale Ale)
- Dogfish Head (Delaware): tbd
- Duck Rabbit (North Carolina): tbd
- Flying Dog (Maryland): Gonzo Imperial Porter
- More on the festival from Musings over a Pint: lineup and shuttle bus.
- Festival website: novabrewfest.com
- If you're Tweeting at the fest, please use hashtag #novabrewfest. For Flickr, TwitPic, etc., please use NovaBrewFest as a tag.