It's the welcome return of the Chesapeake Real Ale Fest, next month, 18 October, in Baltimore, Md. Tickets are on sale now online at www.spbw.org —as well as more information.
The venue, as it has been, will be the Wharf Rat Brewpub, located across from Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Different this year is the increased exhibition area. In addition to to the side room and covered outside patio, the festival site will extend across the pub's entire front courtyard.
The current schedule calls for cask-conditioned beers from
19 25 breweries, with more possibly to be added.
- Baltimore-Washington Beer Works
- Barley & Hops
- Brewer's Alley
- Clipper City
- Flying Dog
- Olivers/Wharf Rat
- Red Brick Station
- Rock Bottom
- The Brewer's Art
- Wild Goose
- Victory (I hope they bring their kellerbier!)
And, from further afield: Otter Creek in Vermont, Smuttynose in New Hampshire, Lakefront in Wisconsin, and Cape Ann Brewing in Massachusetts..
UPDATE 2008.10.14: Confirmed lineup of 29 casks
- Barley & Hops Big Ben Nut Brown, Annapolis Rock Pale Ale
- Brewers Alley Oatmeal Stout
- Brewers Art Beacon Ale, Seven Beauties Rye
Baltimore-Washington Beer Works The Raven
- Cape Ann Brewing Pumpkin Stout
- Clipper City Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale, Winter Storm Imperial ESB
- Dogfish Palo Santo Marron
- DuClaw Alchemy
- Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter
- Franklins Sierra Madre (American Pale), ESB
- Growlers Hoppopotamus Imperial I.P.A.
- Lancaster Celtic Rose
- Old Dominion Unfiltered Dry Hopped Pale
- Otter Creek World Tour "Otter Mon" Jamaican Stout
- Red Brick Station Twice Daily Crisis IPA, Sticke Alt
- Reid's Orchard Hard Cider
- Rock Bottom Bethesda ESB (Extra Scary Beer)
- Smuttynose Old Brown Dog
- Troegs HopBack Amber
- Victory Brewing ESB
- Weyerbacher Old Heathen
- Wharf Rat Dark Mild, Harvest Ale, 3 Lions
- Wild Goose IPA
- Yards General Washington Tavern Porter, Brawler (ruby mild)
Go here for a recap of 2007 fest.