A snapshot of a good-sized chunk of the current (and past) craft beer brewer community of the greater Washington, D.C. area.
- Allen Young —in the mid 1980s, a brewer for Virginia's original microbrewery, Chesbay; presently, a representative for BSG;
- Jason Oliver —brewmaster for Devils Backbone;
- Mike McCarthy (kneeling, in front) —long-time excutive brewer for Capitol City Brewing; now, brewer for DC Brau;
- Favio Garcia —brewmaster/co-owner of Lost Rhino Brewing;
- Jonathan Reeves —brewmaster for Port City Brewing;
- Nick Funnell —guest of honor; past brewmaster for Sweetwater Taverns;
- Charlie Buettner —host for the evening; head brewer at Mad Fox Brewing Company;
- Barrett Lauer (kneeling, in front with trophy) —long-time brewmaster at District Chophouse;
- Joe Schineller —new brewer for Sweetwater Tavern Centreville;
- Steve Gerloff —representative of Madison Chemical;
- Thomas Cizauskas —of Yours For Good Fermentables.com;
- Bill Madden —host for the evening; brewmaster/owner of Mad Fox Brewing Company;
- Bob Tupper (and Ellie Tupper, partially obscured) —emcee for evening; long-time beer festival host and raconteur; owners of Tuppers Beers.
30 January 2014.
Falls Church, Virginia.
- Funnell will now be based in Portland, Oregon, as a representative for BSG Craft. More: here.
- More photos from the evening: here and here.
- Pic(k) of the Week: one in a weekly series of personal photos, often posted on Saturdays, and often, but not always, with a good fermentable as a subject.
- Photo courtesy Sharon Blane. All rights reserved. For more information on photographic services and products, email email@example.com.