Alan McLeod of A Good Beer Blog has announced the Xmas Beer Photo Contest for 2014. At least that's what he's calling it now. In years past, he has elongated the name as the deadline approached: Yuletide Christmas Hanukah Hogmanay Kwanza and Festivus Beery Photo Contest.
Send Mr. McLeod five of your best photos of beer(s) by Friday, December 12, before 4 pm eastern time zone North America.
If Mr. McLeod judges your images worthy (should we call them photographs anymore?), you'll win his published acclaim, and some beery prizes. He'll reveal what those goodies are as breweries and beery folk actually donate them. Attention: breweries and beery folk!
In years past, there have been grand prize winners, runner-ups, and honorable mentions. This was 2013's winning entry:
You could do that, couldn't you?
Hint: Do NOT enter photos of beer-with-food. McLeod doesn't much care for them; he really doesn't.
Your food is still no better looking than your dog. Sorry to break the news. And beer and food pairing has failed. It's so past it that it's still done in Toronto...still! Unless the photo is really good.
FYI: McLeod has recently published three books, each and all available, ahem, for purchase.
- Ontario Beer: A Heady History of Brewing from the Great Lakes to the Hudson Bay (with Jordan St. John)
- Upper Hudson Valley Beer (with Craig Gravina)
- The Unbearable Nonsense of Craft Beer - A Rant in Nine Acts (an ebook with Max Bahnson)
- Read all the rules at A Good Beer Blog. As McLeod posts pertinent updates (such as rules, prizes, etc.), I'll update here.
- A Good Beer Blog is a great read: witty, sometimes snarky, often almost philosophical, and usually a generator of interesting commentary. McLeod maintains a companion Facebook site and Twitter feed (@agoodbeerblog).