Maureen O'Prey is the author of Brewing in Baltimore, a history of that Maryland city's brewing heritage. She's now hard at work writing a history of brewing in the entire state of Maryland.
She, of course, likes beer. She also likes bunnies. Who doesn't like bunnies?
Ms. O'Prey asked me to spread the word on a fundraiser for Friends of Rabbits, a non-profit 501c3 rabbit rescue, education, and re-homing organization, based in the Washington D.C./Baltimore, Maryland, greater metropolitan area.
The event is this Saturday, 9 April 2016, in Manassas, Virginia, at BadWolf ... a brewery.
Beer and bunnies. Who wouldn't like that?
BadWolf Brewing in Manassas, Virginia, is hosting a fundraiser for Friends of Rabbits, from 5-10 pm, on Saturday, 9 April 2016.
There will be raffles to win beer prizes (like gift certificates), as well as a silent auction and an old fashioned cake walk (with all kinds of cakes— including some that are vegan-friendly). There are quite a few things for the silent auction— non-rabbit related — so there is something for everyone. Owner/brewer Jeremy Meyers has created two very special beers for the event:
And, of course, there will be rescued rabbits in attendance for people to meet and greet and learn about.
- Witty Bunny —a sour raspberry wit
- Jesse's Girl —a spiced, carrot-cake-inspired cask ale
The Frenchman food truck is providing food, including vegan fare. For more information, go to BadWolf's Facebook page: here.
Don't eat bunnies. Drink beer ... and help save the quadrupeds!
- For more on Brewing in Baltimore (and Maryland) (and bunnies), follow Ms. O'Prey:
- For more on Friends of Rabbits:
- BadWolf Brewing —Manassas, Virginia's first ever 'craft' brewery— opened its first location, a small-scale 'nanobrewery,' in late June 2013. YFGF visited in early 2014. Since then BadWolf has opened a second location, a production facility focused on producing for distribution, with a larger brewery and much more seating. And that's where the fundraiser will be.
- For more from YFGF: