Alan Hew —longtime member of Washington, D,C.-based homebrewer club, B.U.R.P. (founded in 1981)— proudly carries an oak barrel he had secured at BrewExpo America®, during the 2017 Craft Brewers Conference, which ran 10-13 April in Washington, D.C. —only the second time for the conference in that city.
-----more-----The Brewers Association (BA)—the not-for-profit trade group representing America’s small and independent craft brewers—has concluded the 34th edition of the Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America (CBC) in Washington, D.C.
As the largest industry gathering, CBC brought together some 13,300 brewing professionals and more than 900 exhibitors for discussion and dialogue around America’s craft brewing business and culture. CBC was last in the nation’s capital in 2013, with 6,400 attendees and 440 exhibiting companies.
- More photos from the conference, from YFGF: here.
- More about the CBC, from YFGF: The skinny on the 2017 Craft Brewers Conference.
- Pic(k) of the Week: one in a weekly series of photos taken (or noted) by me, posted on Saturdays, and often, but not always, with a good fermentable as the subject.
- Camera: Olympus Pen E-PL1.
- Commercial reproduction requires explicit permission, as per Creative Commons.
- For more from YFGF: