As a salesman for Clipper City Brewing Company, it's going to be a real road-warrior week for me in early July.
Monday 7 July at 6pm. POSTPONED until 4 August. I'm bringing a firkin cask of our summer seasonal -- Hang Ten Weizen Dopplebock -- to Aromas Wine Bar in Athens, Ga. It's an unusual choice for a cask; English or Anglo-American style ales are the norm. But even so, at 10% alcohol by volume (abv), this strong, malty weizenbock should be a lot of fun served fresh from a cask.
- Wednesday, 11 July at 5pm. Cask tapping at newest Taco Mac location: Metropolis on Peachtree in downtown Atlanta. It's a firkin of Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale, and I'll be there to tap it. And by the way, this Taco Mac restaurant features 140 beers on draft, and over 280 in bottle. [UPDATE: Photos here.]
- Thursday, 10 July at 5pm. It's a little bit o' Bawlmer Beerlanthropy. I'll be sampling Heavy Seas beers for my friends at Bruisin' Ales in Asheville, North Carolina. [UPDATE: Photos here.]
- Friday, 11 July at 6pm. Clipper City has been invited to help inaugurate the new upstairs American draft beer room at the Thirsty Monk, a Belgian beer taphouse, also in Asheville, North Carolina. I'll be tapping a fresh firkin cask of Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale, our brewery's triple-hopped India Pale Ale (I.P.A.) . [UPDATE: Photos here.]
- Saturday, 12 July at noon. It's an overnight drive from Asheville, N.C. to Del Ray in Alexandria, Va., for an organic beer and cheese tasting at My Organic Market. [UPDATE: recap here.]
- Organic Brie w/Oxford Organic Raspberry Wheat
- Gruyere w/Oxford Organic Amber Ale
- Virginia Meadow Creek Dairy Grayson w/Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale