After three hundred and eighty-eight or so Pic(k) of the Weeks, it's a first. A selfie.
That's I, there, in the middle.
The occasion was the 13th annual Atlanta Cask Ale Tasting, on 21 January 2017, at 5 Seasons Brewing and Taco Mac Pub, in Sandy Springs, Georgia. These three (left to right) were discussing matters cask ale —in the United States and Britain:
- Des de Moor—
British beer educator, beer writer, accredited beer sommelier.
- Thomas Cizauskas (me)—
cask ale partisan; American beer blogger.
- Steve Hamburg—
American cellarmaster; USA Director: Cask Marque.
- 32 (62%) were flavored in some way;
- Of the 19 (38%) that were not filled with extraneous flavorings:
- 8 were unflavored IPAs;
- 7 were sours (8 if you include one British beer that had gone off);
- 3 (only!!?!) were bitters (or Scottish export style);
- 1 was an unflavored stout;
- 0 were milds
- A few more pics from the festival: here.
- Pic(k) of the Week: one in a weekly series of photos taken (or noted) by me, posted on Saturdays, and often, but not always, with a good fermentable as the subject.
- Camera: Olympus Pen E-PL1.
- Commercial reproduction requires explicit permission, as per Creative Commons.
- For more from YFGF: