In October of 2008, Beer Activist and Maryland resident Chris O'Brien suggested a loose alliance of mid-Atlantic area beer bloggers. It sounded like a viable idea to me.
For acronym purposes (see below), we dropped mid-Atlantic in favor of Chesapeake. And for wieldy purposes, we limited participation to beer bloggers in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
From the six original charter members —and losing a few who have since put away their keyboards— there are 11 writers participating as of July 2010.
Introducing: C.R.A.B.B. — The Chesapeake Region's Alliance of Beer Bloggers
- Baltimore Beer Guy
- Beer Activist
- Beer in Baltimore
- Beer in Baltimore.com [added March 2009]
- Belgian beer and travel
- DC Beer.com [added December 2008]
- Beltway Beer [added December 2009]
- HolzBrew [added December 2009]
- Hurra Bier! [added December 2009]
- Musings Over a Pint
- Relentless Thirst [added December 2008]
If you publish a beer blog and you live in the tri-jurisdictional area, drop me a line, or leave a comment, and we'll discuss adding your blog to our alliance.
LAST UPDATED: 2010.07.02
- On hiatus. In June 2010, after publishing one beer haiku every day for five years, Beer Haiku Daily has taken a breather.
- Honorary. Heavy Seas Brewery's Hugh Sisson. Brewery blogs considered a separate category. More: here.
- Honorary. Rob Kaspar of the Baltimore Sun at his blog Kaspar on Tap. Posts infrequently. More: here.
- Graphic created by Eric Delia of Richmond, Virginia, beer blog, Relentless Thirst.