There's another Beer Breakfast at The Royal Mile Pub.
On Sunday, 24 August at 10am, this Wheaton, Md. pub continues a tradition first begun in the early aughts at the now-closed Sean Bolan's Pub of Baltimore, Md. It's a two-hour meal, served in the morning, of hearty breakfast fare prepared with beer and served with appropriate beer.
Expected to be in attendance is Steve Frank, a beer writer (1/2 of the Brews Brothers) who, after enjoying a beer breakfast at the the Portland, Or. Horse Brass Pub several years ago, was inspired to portage the concept east.
Orange Cranberry Scones, Potato Pancakes with Creme Fraiche,
Beignets, Cheese Rolls
▪ Paired with Welcome Beer: Clipper City Hang Ten Weizen Dopplebock
Cherry Whole Grain Pancakes with Quelque Chose Syrup
▪ Paired with Berliner Weiss with Raspberry Syrup
Housemade Smoked German Style Sausage with Cumberland Sauce
▪ Paired with Paulaner Salvator
Pork Schnitzel Topped With Sunny Quail Egg, Housemade Beer Mustard, Pomme Frites
▪ Paired with Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier or Tröegenator Double Bock
-- or --
Gravlax Chive Scrambled Eggs
▪ Paired with Small Craft Warning Über Pils or Warsteiner Pils
Individual Chocolate Cake
▪ Paired with Schneider Aventinus Weizen Doppelbock
$35. Call the The Royal Mile Pub at 301.946.4511 for reservations.
[UPDATE 2008.08.24: recap and photos.]
And not to overlook this, but on 7 August, in the evening, Chef Ian Morrison is hosting a Single Malt Whisky Dinner.