Chadwicks Restaurant is a long-time fixture on the waterfront in Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia. Chef/General Manager Peter Durkin has invited Clipper City Brewing Company to be the featured guest-of-honor there for a beer dinner on Tuesday 5 February at 7pm. (703-836-4442)
His menu for the evening will mate Clipper's local beers with local area foods.
1) Hors d'Oeuvres
- Herb-roasted quail (Manchester Farms PA)
- Toasted-oat-and-ale-battered fluke fingers (Chesapeake)
- Kielbasa with braised-in-beer kraut (Ostrowski's of Baltimore)
- Bay oysters with chili mignonette (Assateague and Chincoteague)
a mignonette is an herb and white peppercorn garni
- Fresh cut Old Bay fries
Old Bay is a Maryland-area spice blend, somewhat spicy, famous for its use on crabcakes
- Chadwick's Ale
a German-style Hefeweizen brewed for Chadwick's by Clipper City.
- Winter Storm Imperial ESB
We're tapping this fresh from a cask; Peter believes this is the first cask ever served at Chadwicks.
- Pot Pie of Maryland Blue Crab and Smithfield VA Ham
- Paired with: Small Craft Warning Über Pils
3) Fish Course
- Ragoût of Chesapeake rockfish, Middleneck clams, Kennett Square PA oyster mushrooms
- Rockfish, a specialty of the Chesapeake Bay, is also known as striped bass.
- Paired with: Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale
- Stout-braised Virginia Wagyu Beef
- Wagyu beef is a flavorful beer-fed breed, originally of Kobe stock imported from Japan.
- with a house-made Agnolotti filled with Hummingbird Farms, MD Arugula and Yams
- small, stuffed, crescent-shaped ravioli
- Paired with: Peg Leg Imperial Stout
- Banana and Dark Chocolate Cream Puff
- Paired with: Hang Ten Dopplebock
- A 10% alcohol by volume weizenbock—very dessert-like and complex—aged for 7 months. The dinner begins and ends with weizens (German style wheat beers), but each of very different character.