At last night's Strong Beer Tasting at the Brickskeller in Washington, DC, Johansson's brewer Jay Lampert had the best quip.
Reflecting that the 'weakest' beer to be tasted was 7.5% alcohol by volume (abv), he raised a glass of his Saison (8.5% abv) and toasted the audience:
In case we don't see each other later at police lockup, have a good night!
The photo is of Brickskeller proprietor Dave Alexander pouring pitchers from a cask of Clipper City's Below Decks Barleywine (10% abv) More pics here.
- Capitol City -- Brewer Travis Tedrow -- Biere de garde (7.5% abv)
- Brewer's Alley -- Tom Flores -- Scotch Ale (8% abv)
- Vintage 50 -- Bill Madden -- Auld Abomination (8.5% abv)
- Johannson's -- Jay Lampert -- Saison (8.5%)
- Clipper City -- John Eugeni -- Below Decks (10% abv)
- Old Dominion -- Tim Pulhouse -- 2005 oak-aged Millenium (11% abv)
- Capitol City -- Fuel Coffee Imperial Stout (10% abv)
- Sweetwater -- 2004 High Desert Imperial Stout
- Russian River -- Perdition, Deification
[UPDATE: Further notes on the tasting here.]