The Brewer's Ball is a benefit for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, featuring beers from 15 area breweries (and the brewers). I'll be there for Clipper City Brewing Company, with Chris Mallon, one of our brewers ... and Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale and Oxford Raspberry Wheat Ale.
It is a ball, but the dress code is not formal.
This will be the first year sincethe ball began four years ago that Bob Tupper will not be there. He, indeed, would always be attired in a snazzy tuxedo. Bob [Tupper] has yet to find a host brewery to produce his Tupper's Hop Pocket Ale, and Pils, since leaving Dominion Brewing after its sale.
The Brewers Ball takes place 7pm-midnight, Saturday 1 March at:
- The Galleria at Lafayette Centre
- 1155 21st Street N.W.
- Washington DC 20016
- Capitol City Brewery
- Clipper City Brewing Company
- The District Chophouse & Brewery
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
- Flying Dog Brewery
- Fordham Brewing Company
- Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant
- Woodchuck Cider
- Growlers of Gaithersburg
- Hook & Ladder Brewing Company
- Hops Grill & Brewery
- Old Dominion Brewing Company
- Rock Bottom Brewery Restaurant
- Shenandoah Brewing Company
- Sweetwater Tavern
- Vintage 50
There's more information at that site, or through direct human contact at:
- The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Metropolitan Washington, DC Chapter
- 6917 Arlington Road
- Bethesda, Maryland 20814
[UPDATE 2008.03.02: recap]